Eddy Current USA, Inc. proudly offers their services for commercial application. All of our field technicians have been trained and certified under OSHA Safety Standards and, while the practical applications are many, we boast satisfied customers in the chiller industry stretching back to 1985.
Largely consisting of Copper (Cu) and Copper-Nickel (CuNi) interior tubing, chillers comprise our primary expertise. Below is a list of some of the technology and machinery we have worked with in the past…
Vapor-Compression Chillers typically fall in to one of four types of compressor categories:
- Reciprocating: Positive-Displacement compressors that uses crankshaft driven pistons to deliver gasses at high pressure.
- Semi/Hermetic Scroll: Scroll Compressors use two interleaving scrolls to pump, compress, or pressurized fluids such as liquids or gasses. Typically, these scrolls are contained in fully sealed (hermetic) or partially sealed (semi-hermetic) configurations.
- Rotary Screw: Rotary-Screw Compressors are type of gas compressor that uses a rotary-type positive-displacement mechanism. Commonly used to replace piston compressors for when large volumes of high-pressure air are needed.
- Centrifugal: Centrifugal Compressors, sometimes called Radial Compressors, are a type of dynamic work-absorbing turbomachinery.
Absorption Chillers typically comprise multiple processes/tube bundles operating in a near vacuum:
- Generator: Drives the separation of the process solution.
- Condenser: Changes refrigerant state from gas to liquid.
- Evaporator: Refrigerant under vacuum changes from liquid to gas.
- Absorber: Process solution and refrigerant recombine.